Wednesday, May 5, 2010

That ONE Person

No-no…not that person that you've waited your whole life for. Who everytime you see them, your heart skips a beat. I mean that ONE person that has absolutely NO filter WHATSOEVER between their thoughts and what actually dribbles out of their mouth. See! I knew you would know what I mean as it seems we all have one of THOSE people around.


Yeah. To get to my point, this is just a sampling of the stupidity and rudeness that has departed the lips of That ONE Person.

So a couple years ago, about nine months after we had moved from Utah down to the Phoenix area, I flew up to Salt Lake City for a visit with friends and family. While on my little weekend getaway, I had plans to go see a concert with my mom, sister and an old friend/That ONE Person (who also happened to work with my mom).

So we go to the concert, it’s a really nice time, very entertaining and I was pretty happy to spend some time with Mom, Sister, and That ONE Person. Concert ends, and now it’s time to get on home. I carpooled with my sister and That ONE Person to my sister’s house where That ONE Person’s car was parked. As That ONE Person gets out of the car she says, “It was really nice seeing you Janae!.....Well…..not really. I mean, it’s not like we really got to see you that much when you lived up here anyway.” That ONE Person exits the car and leaves. Oh. My. Gosh. Did That ONE Person REALLY just say that?! Of course That ONE Person really just said that because That ONE Person ALWAYS says thoughtless, sometimes rude/sometime just plain cruel things like that. Not really a shocker, but sometimes it comes at the least expected moment and you have no idea how to respond or if you even should.

Here’s another little gem…..

Not long after the concert incident, That ONE Person was at work with my mom. Another co-worker was talking about her little brother, who has Down’s Syndrome, and how amazing he is and how much she just loves him.

Enter That ONE Person and her thoughtless opinion: “Why didn’t your Mom just have an abortion if she knew he was like that?! Special Needs people are just a waste of space!”

Unbelievable.

I’m still undecided if That ONE Person’s rudeness is a mental disorder, a social environment thing, or just because That ONE Person, to put it simply, is a complete ASS!

3 comments:

  1. maybe that ONE person is just a complete ASS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious? I can not believe that someone would say that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...lame, huh?

    ReplyDelete